Auto recycling is one of the most widespread recycling industries globally. Auto parts are recycled from end-of-life cars. Damaged and old cars have usually have no takers. Hence, instead of just abandoning them, it makes sense to recycle their parts.
How are cars recycled?
• Damaged cars are bought by auto wreckers or recyclers. They are taken to auto recyclers which are large, open spaces for such cars.
• Over here, the car is inspected to check whether it can be repaired and reused or it is a write-off.
• In most cases, the car cannot be reused. Hence, the next step is to recycle it.
• Recycling entails removal of usable parts and their sale. This is followed by disposal of the parts that cannot be reused.
• Most of the parts such as the car stereo, windshield, wipers, mirrors, headlights, taillights, etc. if not damaged are sold in the market.
• Parts such as battery are removed and used to manufacture new batteries.
• Tires are used to make pavement bases for new roads.
• Wheels are removed and sold as metal scrap.
• If the glass is damaged, it is recycled to make porcelain, jewelry, beads, tiles, etc.
• After removal of all the parts and the various oils and fluids. The next step is the disposal of those fluids in a manner so that they do not affect the environment.
• Finally, the metallic portion of the car is left. This is crushed so as to reduce its size and then it is sold to a shredder.
• Most parts of the car are intact and can be reused. Many auto recyclers get the damaged parts restored so that they can be sold.
Every car needs spare parts for maintenance at some stage or the other.
Buying recycled parts is better than buying the original because:
1. These parts are available at nearly half the price of the original.
2. Since they have been removed from original cars, they provide a good fit.
3. These parts are genuine.
4. Many sellers of used parts provide a warranty for their products.
5. Recycling car parts helps in conserving the environment. This is because it reduces the need to manufacture new parts; since most parts are reused, the landfill is reduced; The pollutants are disposed of. By using these parts, you can also contribute towards conservation.
Hence, we see that using recycled car parts is not only beneficial to us but also works for the bigger cause of saving the planet.
City traffic is habitually heavy, while the parking on-street is highly impossible to find. Likewise, the parking lots are pricey and results in frustrating delays owing to congestion, especially during the snarls of rush-hour. In fact, drivers unfamiliar with city roads and rules many become impatient. While, the network of rapid-transit rail and buses in cities are extensive, besides you can find easily taxis and limousines. In case, you wish to rent a car, there are options from luxury to big chains featuring modern amenities. However, it is not same as owning and driving your own car. The rental cars rates are high on weekends than weekdays, besides taxes and surcharge apart from the fuel for the vehicle.
City parking tickets are not really simple to receive owing to confusing signage. In general, a lack of street parking is apparent, and there are heavy seasonal parking restrictions. Anyone visiting huge cities in their car or is new, may understand the importance of these factors and to bear it in mind:
- Permit parking areas
- Prohibited parking zones
- Parking signage that includes street cleaning, time limits, etc
- Snow regulations
City parking enforcers follow and adhere meticulously to the parking rules. In case you are parking on a street and if your car appears to have parked a bit in front of a yellow zone, you are assured to be ticketed.
Owing to the ever-changing strict rules from street to street, it is mandatory to be on the lookout for any parking situations that are incriminating.
Fortunately, there are ways to avoid situations leading potentially to the parking tickets. There is always a way to escape the rules and for that you need to be an informed parker who is fully aware of the parking tickets so that even if you are charged one, you should fight regarding the parking tickets if it appears unfair.
Tips to Avoid Parking Tickets
- Make it a point to look out always for signage about the restrictions for parking, while you plan to park on the street. The restrictions are typically to do with time limits, weather and street cleaning.
- In winters look for parking signs indicating if it is legal to park on streets based on the snow visible on the ground. In case you notice snow fallen for couple of inches, it is best to consider parking in a garage, so that your car is safe, besides the street needs clearing from snow.
- In summers, street parking permission may not be available mainly for two reasons such as construction and street cleanings. There may be specific hours and days that parking is restricted and this is based on the schedule of street cleanings. Thus, stay alert and look for restricted signage.
- Know exactly when not to park on the street. It is always helpful to know about off-street parking so that it save a lot of frustration and pain. However, as you travel in a dense are or during major events, the easier option is to consider the off-street parking as this is also an affordable choice.